End of year blog post
This year, we learned about how to improve presentations, through the slides, body language, tone of voice and more. Another thing we learned about is how to write good and persuasive essays, by writing references the correct way to writing them in the correct format. We even learned new applications that correct our grammar, citations, which will help us write better essays. Overall, I believe there were two main things we learned about, in the L.E class this year.
Firstly, it is about applications. I think that the first application we installed was Grammarly. Before installing it in the first semester, I had heard about it a couple times before, but I did not know what magic it could do. After installing and using it a couple of times, I immediately understood the reason why many people use and love it. When comparing my sentences before and after using the application, it is so much easier and smoother to read. Furthermore, it picks up the specific mistakes that my windows computer back at home cannot. For instance, adding hyphens or commas in certain parts of the text. On the other hand, I thought that if I use these types of applications that correct the grammar for you, the skill to correct them on your own will slowly become lost. However, after using it for a year, I am proud to say that my grammar skills did not decrease, and in fact, it improved. In addition, looking at my older sister's writing, she still uses Grammarly every day. Therefore, I can see myself using it even after years pass.
Secondly, it is about body gestures when presenting or talking. The first day I saw Mr. Paterson talking in front of the class, on the first day of the L.E class, I noticed that he had body gestures like open arms or walking in front of the classrooms. When comparing them to the other teacher's body language, there was a huge gap (as most teachers just stand in front of the classroom without moving) but I found myself drawing in and focusing on the talk unexpectedly. Also, from what I remember the first body language we learned about was facing the clock's surface inwards. This way, when presenting there is no need to move your open-armed posture by flipping your arms and therefore not making an obstacle between you and the audience. Later on, I realized that body gestures are significant in your everyday life too, and not just when doing presentations. For instance, when making new friends, it is better to make them believe that you are a nice and open-hearted person. Therefore, using the techniques we learned such as rolling up your sleeves or spreading your arms, will help gain the emotion of trust and friendliness.
Therefore, I think that the two main points we learned in the class this year is; downloading applications and body gestures when presenting.
Comments
Post a Comment