Zotero // Jan 20th Mon


My initial reaction to the app Mr. Paterson introduced to us called “zotero”, was interest. This is because not only when writing the essay for the L.E homework, when I wanted to list the sources for my personal project, it would take some time and difficulty. The difficulty was often caused by the difference in forms of the source, such as books, films, websites and newspaper articles. So when I heard that using zotero, you can list the citations easily while separating the way of writing them according to the forms, I was intrigued. It made me think about the possibilities in other situations of schoolwork. Furthermore, when downloading the app, I had no difficulties as it was easy to download. Therefore, I am excited and looking forward to using it from now on, hoping that it will reduce the time spend for listing the citations.

Another application we learnt about is called “1password”. Although this app is useful, particularly for people who have bad memory, (like me) I was surprised that it costs money. Rather than disappointment, I found myself surprised because I did not think that an app that only records your password would cost money. In addition, as a student it is hard to pay money for an app as we do not earn money or own credit cards. However, this opportunity made me realize the importance of what I can do instead. For example, as I record the passwords for my apps on the “notes” section of my phone, I should stop doing that and write it down on a notebook instead. This is because incase my phone gets hacked by someone, they will not be able to find my passwords there.

Therefore, I had mixed emotions about the second app, but with zotero, I was intrigued and it made me motivated to use more sources for homeworks in general, since now I do not have to deal with writing the sources one by one anymore. I am thinking of using more sources, atleast one more for my L.E essay. When writing the citation for that source, I will be using zotero and testing it out even more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pechakucha Presentation last day

Pechakucha Presentation Day 1

Part 1 Chapters 1-2