Jan. 27th Monday
In today’s class, we spent time working on our essays subsequently from last week’s class. While working on the essay, I mainly focused on my grammar and vocabulary. This is because (I honestly don’t know from when, but) I had been logged out from my grammarly meaning that when writing my essay, there were no apps to help me guide and advance the grammar of my essay. Therefore, I had logged in back to my grammarly and added it back to my chrome page.
When I had connected the grammarly to my google docs that had my essay written on, I immediately saw lots of blue lines across the text. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with myself, looking at the grammar mistakes I had made. I had realized that most of my grammar mistakes were about the use of comma. I believe that these mistakes occur as when writing sentences in Japanese, the comma is used in different places throughout the sentence. (Yes, I understand this sounds like an excuse, BUT it’s true!) However, it definitely helped as it taught me the grammar from the basics again. Furthermore, (and this might sound exaggerated but) it made me realize the importance of the 8 years I spent learning English in International schools. The reason is because it motivated me to adopt more English in my daily life, by studying more in English, or reading more books in the language.
One topic we discussed in class today, was about the credibility of quotations when using them in essays. I did not know that when using quotations in essays, there would be so much researching to do. Although I am not thinking of using any quotations in my essay at the moment, it is really significant for me that I remember the rules regarding citations. This is because when researching for my Personal Project, I sometimes copy the quotes directly from the websites without researching where the original source was. Therefore, these lessons about citations are never useless, as they may come in handy later on in life.
When I had connected the grammarly to my google docs that had my essay written on, I immediately saw lots of blue lines across the text. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with myself, looking at the grammar mistakes I had made. I had realized that most of my grammar mistakes were about the use of comma. I believe that these mistakes occur as when writing sentences in Japanese, the comma is used in different places throughout the sentence. (Yes, I understand this sounds like an excuse, BUT it’s true!) However, it definitely helped as it taught me the grammar from the basics again. Furthermore, (and this might sound exaggerated but) it made me realize the importance of the 8 years I spent learning English in International schools. The reason is because it motivated me to adopt more English in my daily life, by studying more in English, or reading more books in the language.
One topic we discussed in class today, was about the credibility of quotations when using them in essays. I did not know that when using quotations in essays, there would be so much researching to do. Although I am not thinking of using any quotations in my essay at the moment, it is really significant for me that I remember the rules regarding citations. This is because when researching for my Personal Project, I sometimes copy the quotes directly from the websites without researching where the original source was. Therefore, these lessons about citations are never useless, as they may come in handy later on in life.
Comments
Post a Comment