In today’s class, we went over the benefits of writing essays on computers, and also the three main points of writing good essays on computers. From today’s class, I was able to find more mistakes or improvement on the essay I wrote.

Firstly, we learnt about the benefits of writing essays on computers, which are that it is easier for people to read, and that it does not use paper, meaning it is better for the environment. I was surprised to hear that some teachers in other schools tell their students to open spaces after each line of their essay. Mr. Paterson said that this is because the teachers find it easier to write comments directly on the paper. However, as the teacher had said too, this uses more space on papers meaning that more paper need to be used. As I am especially interested in protecting nature, I thought that adopting more computers in school is important, especially in Japan. In addition, the environment will be cleaner as there will be less paper around. This reminded me the school I used to go to before. The students got a computer each for their own, and now I understand the purpose for that even more. However, the demerit for that is the fee becomes really high. Therefore, I think that we need to start off with preparing enough amounts of computers for each class. (And not for each student) Therefore, using computers to write essays are good as they benefited teachers, students (as they do not have to go through the pain to print them out) and even the environment.

Secondly, we learnt about the correct way to reference the sources in sentences according to the rules. I had written it correctly and therefore I did not have to fix it. However, I did have to fix the part where I had written “TGUISS” in a sentence in the first paragraph. This is because even though it was the first time talking about ISS, I had not written the full name and the abridgment of the word after in parenthesis. Furthermore, we need to write the references in English, even if the source is in Japanese.

Lastly, we learnt about how to write a catchy title that may include the points listed below.
-alliteration
-a catch title
-a specific title
I will be improving my title using the points.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pechakucha Presentation last day

Pechakucha Presentation Day 1

Part 1 Chapters 1-2