Oct.7th Presentation Day #2
Monday was another presentation day, where 2 of the groups presented just like last time. Our group predicted that we would go today, or at least tomorrow, since we were the last group to present last semester. So when we knew that we weren't going today, we were surprised but at the same time, we were also scared. This is because as the presentation days pass, Mr. Paterson's grading becomes more strict.
The first group to present was group number 8, and they talk about their idea named "DIGITEXT". First, I was woken up with Arisa's voice. One thing that I always looked up about her, is that her voice can be so powerful, it can awaken and make the audience listen at once. Another thing that I was intrigued with, was about the body posture of the group members, while presenting. They were facing the audience making eye contact, while also walking around the room. However, not everything can be perfect, and so according to Mr. Paterson, there was one particular mistake. Their slide had a picture of a teacher using a chalkboard, in a class where all the students were using devices. So when we use pictures for our presentation slides, we have to make sure that it does not contradict with the message or idea.
The second group's presentation also had a few points that could be fixed, to make it even better. One of them for example, was about their Q&A. When one of the audience asked a question that was critical, the presenters had a hard time replying to it. So Mr. Paterson taught us about the "mirroring technique", as I like to call it. Basically, it's used when a mistake from the presentation is pointed out, but the person is not satisfied with the answer, resulting into an argue. Using the "mirroring technique", you simply accept the idea, and take advantage of it. This can also be said for the other teams, as a lot of them also had trouble answering the harsh questions confidently. However, this doesn't mean that their presentation was bad. I found a lot of points that were improved, compared to the presentation they did, in the last semester.
Overall, although we weren't expecting to not go today, I think that I'm more confident now since I know how to give a better presentation. I will be looking back on the points of my presentation that can be improved, and practice it again and again.
The first group to present was group number 8, and they talk about their idea named "DIGITEXT". First, I was woken up with Arisa's voice. One thing that I always looked up about her, is that her voice can be so powerful, it can awaken and make the audience listen at once. Another thing that I was intrigued with, was about the body posture of the group members, while presenting. They were facing the audience making eye contact, while also walking around the room. However, not everything can be perfect, and so according to Mr. Paterson, there was one particular mistake. Their slide had a picture of a teacher using a chalkboard, in a class where all the students were using devices. So when we use pictures for our presentation slides, we have to make sure that it does not contradict with the message or idea.
The second group's presentation also had a few points that could be fixed, to make it even better. One of them for example, was about their Q&A. When one of the audience asked a question that was critical, the presenters had a hard time replying to it. So Mr. Paterson taught us about the "mirroring technique", as I like to call it. Basically, it's used when a mistake from the presentation is pointed out, but the person is not satisfied with the answer, resulting into an argue. Using the "mirroring technique", you simply accept the idea, and take advantage of it. This can also be said for the other teams, as a lot of them also had trouble answering the harsh questions confidently. However, this doesn't mean that their presentation was bad. I found a lot of points that were improved, compared to the presentation they did, in the last semester.
Overall, although we weren't expecting to not go today, I think that I'm more confident now since I know how to give a better presentation. I will be looking back on the points of my presentation that can be improved, and practice it again and again.
Comments
Post a Comment