(Sep.3rd) Proof of concept / Plagiarism in Japanese Schools
Today, Mr.Paterson started off our English class for this semester, talking about the importance of "proof of concept" in presentations. To explain what proof of concept is, it is basically the reason you tell your audience in the beginning of your presentation, to why your presentation needs to be heard. This is meant to have a persuasive effect on your audience, for them to listen to you and your presentation. However, he pointed out that a lot of the presentations from last semester were missing this particular part. Therefore, to give better presentations, we need to be aware that we are using the proof of concept in the beginning, from now on.
On another note, our teacher talked to us about the problems of plagiarism in japan. Mr. Paterson himself, has been researching about this topic for five years. He first assigned us to crowd source the essay or a report that presents about the plagiarism in Japan, within our groups. Specifically, I used a variety of cites, such as, google scholar, ERIC and news cites. The only exception though, was that we had to choose different citations from the other 10-15 teams that had already chosen their cites. This was the hard part, because every time I thought I found a good essay or report, they had already been chosen from the other groups.
Overall, today's class had me thinking about the other changes that I can make in my presentation, to make it more persuasive and interesting to the audience. As the "heart" of the group, I especially want to practice more on the part where I summarize the whole presentation, since I think that that's the part that will stay with the audience for a long time.
On another note, our teacher talked to us about the problems of plagiarism in japan. Mr. Paterson himself, has been researching about this topic for five years. He first assigned us to crowd source the essay or a report that presents about the plagiarism in Japan, within our groups. Specifically, I used a variety of cites, such as, google scholar, ERIC and news cites. The only exception though, was that we had to choose different citations from the other 10-15 teams that had already chosen their cites. This was the hard part, because every time I thought I found a good essay or report, they had already been chosen from the other groups.
Overall, today's class had me thinking about the other changes that I can make in my presentation, to make it more persuasive and interesting to the audience. As the "heart" of the group, I especially want to practice more on the part where I summarize the whole presentation, since I think that that's the part that will stay with the audience for a long time.
Comments
Post a Comment