5.13.2019
Through today's class, we learned how to organize our blogs and make it even better, based upon Mr.Paterson's advice on writing. Specifically, we learned that the basic structure of a good blog includes, ① 3 main paragraphs, with ② 1 idea for each, that includes a ③ topic sentence for the beginning of each paragraph. We also read our classmate's blog, using a website called "Feedly". We first logged into our Feedly account, then changed a few things so that we would be able to use our blogs more effectively. We first added our classmate's blog accounts to the "feeds" section, then adjusted their names so that it would be easier to read it. In addition, we also took a look at the blogs that our classmates wrote.
There are a few ways that we can use blog posts effectively, as Mr.Pateron explained. First, it is to read the blogs that were written by the people in your class, that you would not normally talk to. By doing so, you can have a different understanding and perspective of the class, since the people you usually do not talk to, often write different blog posts, (in terms of contents) when compared to yours. Hearing this, I read the blog posts of my classmates that I would usually not talk to and found the big differences in the contents, regarding the blog post. Secondly, it is to use your classmate's blogs when you could not participate in the class that day, by reading it. By reading other people's blogs, you are able to have a better understanding of the class and catch up with what you may have missed from.
From today's class, I was able to learn more about the benefits of using blog posts online. I was also able to think of the ways that I can upgrade my writing skills since when reading my classmate's blogs, I had noticed that they included a lot of vocabulary words that were in a high level.
Comments
Post a Comment